This article is incomplete!
There's something missing here. This section of the article is incomplete, and contains information, but requires more before it can be considered complete. You can help the OMEGA Project Database by editing this page, providing additional information to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Born in southern France in 1471, Danielle Jeunes grew up during the Great Inquisition. At the age of 25 Danielle was accused by a wronged man (she refused his marriage proposal) of being a witch and was quickly taken into custody by the inquisitors. If it were not for the fateful intervention of the Akikage vampire Phillip of Navarre, Danielle would have died at the stake- instead on the eve of her execution, Danielle managed to suffocate the Grand Inquisitor himself. So began the career of Aubryn Darkveil- The White Shadow.
In the mid twentieth century Aubryn met her match in the young vampire Jonas Hunter. After making an attempt on his life, Jonas spared her, confusing Aubryn. Vowing to protect him for sparing her life, Aubryn acted as bodyguard. The vow was fullfilled when she cast herself in the way of the lifestealer Draculak, the blade of Arkady Tsepes. Aubryn died that day, but her story did not end. Jonas, sacrificing half of his own soul, revived the young spy. Now Aubryn, sharing a soul with Hunter, stands by his side- determined to help save the world.
Powers and Abilities
- Vampire Physiology: Modern vampires are in fact humans who have been infected with the Vampire Virus. Contact with the virus restructures human physiology and results in vampires possessing several superhuman abilities.
- Immortality: So long they continue to consume blood, vampires will not age beyond the physical state he was in when they are first turned. Vampires who are pure-blood (born vampires) generally stop aging in their mid-to-late twenties.
- Physical Resilience: Vampires are resilient to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to their bodies.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's base strength level is several times that of a normal human being and is considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, vampires can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation.
- Thermal Vision: Vampires are able to extend their vision into the infrared spectrum, allowing them to perceive heat signatures visually in order to better hunt down their prey.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possesses the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Akikage Bloodline: All Akikage vampires have the ability to cloud the minds of those around them, resulting in the ability to blend in with their surroundings and become invisible.
- Transformation: Since Aubryn shares a part of her soul with Jonas Hunter, she has inherited his ability to transcend her vampiric form into something much more powerful.
- Melachim Form: Aubryn is able to ascend beyond her normal form for short periods of time, taking a form more akin to that of the ancient Angelus. This form is a great drain on Aubryn and she is often incapacitated for weeks following a transformation.
- Superhuman- Class 1: Aubryn has exhibited strength consistent with the lower levels of Superhuman Class 1 strength (ability to lift 800 lbs. - 1 ton).
- Blood Consumption: Like all vampires Aubryn is regularly required to consume a few pints of blood every few nights. Failing to do so would cause the vampire to weaken and after an extended period without blood seemingly perish. A vampire's ability to metabolize blood and their frequency of feeding usually varies however depending on a number of factors: Length of time between feedings, damage or injury to the body, resurrection from a near death state, and excessive use of their supernatural abilities and strength.
- Gate Network: Aubryn often utilizes Enoch's Gate Network to create wormholes which allow her to travel anywhere on Earth almost instantaneously. She can control the Network via a controller kept on her belt.