This article is incomplete!
There's something missing here. This section of the article is incomplete, and contains information, but requires more before it can be considered complete. You can help the OMEGA Project Database by editing this page, providing additional information to bring this article to a higher standard of quality.
Daughter of Chalmecatl, Primogen of the Chimerae, Malcanthet led a privileged childhood. Upon coming of age she was given a city of her own to rule, Teotihuacan, which she did honorably for centuries- that is until her father's Olmec Empire began to crumble after a massive battle with the demonic Fire Serpent, Quetzalcoatl. Seeing an opportunity to take control, Malcanthet quickly turned on her father seizing control of his armies and holdings. Using these resources to build an empire of her own, Malcanthet started a self-proclaimed golden age within Mesoamerica.
After several years of rule, Malcanthet began to hear whispers of a cult of demon-tainted humans worshiping the fallen Quetzalcoatl in the mortuary pyramid at Cholula. After capturing several of the tainted cult members, Malcanthet became enamoured with the idea of true immortality through demonic influence. Seeking out the succubus Lyarie of Mersid, Malcanthet made a deal with the demoness and was granted a series of demonic grafts. Unfortunately the unnatural power of the demonic taint quickly stripped Malcanthet of her sanity, eventually resulting in her own imprisonment underneath the Pyramid of the Moon in Teotihuacan.
Millenia later Malcanthet succeeded in escaping her prison and once again seized control of the Chimera. As one of the Three Vipers, Malcanthet led the Covenant into war against the Lundrati remnants, lending her Chimerae hordes to the cause. Unfortunately for Malcanthet, the Covenant's plans to use the ancient power of the Angelus were thwarted by Jonas Hunter, an action which resulted in the apparent death of Malcanthet at the hands of Cassandra Troy.
Whispers have recently surfaced of Malcanthet's continued survival, however only time shall tell if there is any truth to the rumors...
Powers and Abilities
- Vampire Physiology: Modern vampires are in fact humans who have been infected with the Vampire Virus. Contact with the virus restructures human physiology and results in vampires possessing several superhuman abilities.
- Immortality: So long they continue to consume blood, vampires will not age beyond the physical state he was in when they are first turned. Vampires who are pure-blood (born vampires) generally stop aging in their mid-to-late twenties.
- Physical Resilience: Vampires are resilient to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to their bodies.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's base strength level is several times that of a normal human being and is considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, vampires can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation.
- Thermal Vision: Vampires are able to extend their vision into the infrared spectrum, allowing them to perceive heat signatures visually in order to better hunt down their prey.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possesses the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Chimerae Bloodline: All Chimerae vampires are physically stronger than the average vampire, usually having strength rated in the upper levels of Superhuman- Class 1.
- Demonspawn Physiology: Demonspawn are Prime Plane beings who utilize demonic grafts in order to acquire new abilities. These grafts come is several varieties (dependant upon the type of demon who donated the graft) however because of their extra-planar origin all of them can cause insanity if their use is not properly moderated.